Monday, November 06, 2006

The Ocean Bed

Barren desert
He said he was,
A mirage of love.
Now that I think
What am I, then
I get an answer
The Ocean Bed.
Colourful life,
All around me.
Beautiful fishes and trees
Sometimes an adventurer,
A marine predator,
That's what I see.
See I do, and nothing else
Passive spectator
I can be called.
No role to play
I do have
Except to watch them all.
No rays of light
Ever reach me
Forever dark am I
That's why perhaps
I am so sad
Anyone would, if his
Very existence looks bad.
Surrounded by the beauties of nature
I know many
For whom I'm a necessity
But not a companion
Nor a friend
Can I ever be.
What a miserable thing I am
The Ocean Bed indeed.
No one to reach me
But sunken ships
No use am I
But to house the dead
And be cursed for it.
I'd rather be a desert
Out in the light
Than be in the dark, dark waters.
Water can bring
Desert's spring
But who can bring me salvation?
No, I'm not happy
As many do think
I am a depressed soul...
Lonely and morbid,
With no one to love,
Not even the Devil foul!

No comments: